Thank you for joining us here at Boundless Success
Many e-mail and Internet companies are now using programs to block unwanted e-mail, often called spam. Sometimes, however, these programs block e-mail you want to receive.
To insure you are receiving your Boundless Success emails, do the following:
Be sure to add the corresponding Boundless Success email addresses to your email white list to ensure the best chance of receiving our content and updates.
Whitelist us before your delivery is interrupted.
Of course, every e-mail system is different. Below are instructions for some of the more popular ones. If yours isn’t here, please contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) customer service folks for their instructions. (Forward the answer to us, and we might add it!) If you’re using some sort of spam filtering or blocking software yourself (in addition to what your ISP provides), we suggest you contact the vendor of that tool for instructions on how to whitelist emails from Boundless Success.
- In you inbox, locate an email from nick@BoundlessSuccess.com (ex. the email containing your password, the email you received, asking you to confirm your email address).
- Drag this email to the “primary” tab of your inbox.
You’ll see that our emails will go to the primary folder in the future!
When opening an email message, a “+” symbol should display next to From: and the sender’s name.
Select this and an “Add to contacts” pop-up should appear.
- From the main menu, select “Mail“.
- Select “Preferences“.
- In the “Preferences” window, click the “Rules” icon.
- Click the “Add Rule” button.
In the “Rules” window, type a name for your rule in the “Description” field.
Use the following settings: “If any of the following conditions are met: From Contains.”
Type our email address (nick@BoundlessSuccess.com) in the text field beside “Contains.”
Select “Move Message” and “Inbox” from the drop-down menus.
Click “Ok” to save the rule.
- Right-click on the message in your inbox.
- Select “Junk E-mail” from the menu.
- Click “Add Sender to Safe Senders List.”
- With Hotmail open, right click on a message from us.
- On the pop-up menu, select “create rule“. (it’s towards the bottom)
A new “Rule” box will appear. You can change the name of the rule, if you’d like (optional).
“It was received from…” should already be populated by the sender (nick liberati)
“And it was sent to…” should have your name pre-populated too.
DELETE the line that says “and it includes these words in the subject…” (very important!)
Below the box that says Do all of the following: there is a dropdown box reads “move the message to folder“. Be sure to select InBox.
Click OK, and you’re all set.
Your final rule should look something like this…